Abhiraj Rajendra Mishra
(born 1943) is a Sanskrit author, poet, lyricist, playwright and the a former Vice-Chancellor of the Sampurnanand Sanskrit University, Varanasi. He has served as the head of department of Sanskrit in Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla. He has also been a visiting professor at the University of Indonesia, the oldest university of Indonesia.
Abhiraj Rajendra Mishra is the winner of Sahitya Akademi Award for Sanskrit for the year 1988. He is popularly known as Triveni Kavi. He has composed many books in Sanskrit, Hindi,English and Bhojpuri.
He was born in Dronipur in Jaunpur district in Uttar Pradesh, to Pandit Durgaprasad Mishra and Abhiraji Devi. His Deekshaa Guru is Jagadguru Raamabhadraachaarya, whose epic poem Geetaraamaayanamwas released by him on January 14, 2011. After retirement, he is settled in Shimla, Himachal Pradesh.
The major works of Abhiraj Rajendra Mishra are -
• Samskrit Sahitya Mein Anyokti
• Poetry and Poetics
• Bali-Dvipe Bharatiya Samskritih
• Vimsa-Satabdi-Samskrita-Kavyamritam (ed.)
• Sejarah Kesusatraan Sanskerta (History of Sanskrit in Bahasa Indonesia)
• Suvarna-Dvipiya Rama-Katha
Awards and Honours
• Sahitya Akademi Award for Sanskrit in 1988 for his collection of short stories Ikshugandha
• Certificate of Honour from the President of India in 2002
• Valmiki Samman
• Vachaspati Samman