In 2015, Ministry of Education (formerly Ministry of Human Resource Development), had constituted a thirteen (13) Member Committee under the Chairmanship of Shri N. Gopalaswamy, Chancellor, National Sanskrit University (formerly Rashtriya Sanskrit Vidyapeetha), Tirupati for suggesting a long term Vision and Roadmap for next ten years for the development of Sanskrit with the terms of references as under :
- To assess and review the present schemes for the development of Sanskrit and Veda vidya.
- To study and suggest ways and means to bring qualitative change in Sanskrit Education both in School Education and Higher Education.
- To suggest vision and an action plan for the development of Sanskrit in next ten years.
- To suggest measures to integrate Sanskrit studies with other disciplines like Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Medical Science and Law etc.
- To suggest ways and means to use new methods of imparting Sanskrit Education with the help of modern tools and technologies.